Thursday, September 23, 2010

More Time Moms Family Meals

Looking into the app More Time Moms by Family Meals for the iPhone 3g/g4, iPods, and iPads.

It provides a menu for every day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or just dinner if you prefer) for up to six weeks. Then it gives you a weekly grocery list for the items. Seems really useful when your house has no food, but you have no inspiration on what to get to make for dinners. I think it would be pretty easy to substitute a meal or ingredient out for something you know your family will enjoy better.

The only drawback is that it doesn't provide free recipes on how to prepare the menu and grocery items it provides; it would have been nice to have it all tied together, but I guess you've got to make money somewhere so I understand. Coming soon is the recipe book you can purchase on the ipad or as an ebook for $19.99. However, that doesn't discourage me, because you can easily avoid the cost and just Google the menu for recipes online. Or you could give back to the app if you found it helpful by purchasing the cookbook, plus 5% of all profits go to children's charities which is great.

Still trying it out, and will give it a whirl at the grocery store tomorrow. I'll let you know how it fits budget wise too. Leave me feedback if you've used it.

Here's the website to learn more: http://www.moretimemoms.com/

1 comment:

  1. K, so I did a lot of editing to the menu and grocery list presented, but I do love cooking and my husband is particular about food. I think this app works as a great go-to when you are tired of the same-old-same-old, and don't have picky eaters in the family!

    I'll still look to it for a couple dinner ideas.

    ReplyDelete